Friday, October 26, 2012

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Lulu reminded me I had yet to post about my fate with sugar and carbs. Since this is my 2nd rodeo I ended up having to test for gestational diabetes at 14 weeks. Luckily, my doctor struck a deal with me to not call with my results till after OU weekend (so glad Stacey got that fried pb&j for us and we made it to MiCocina!) Well, the results are back and I have it again. Last time I had to manage it for roughly 90 days which was tough. This time no surgar or carbs for 175 days. It is rough, it gets old, and I miss my favs, but on the upside it helps me manage my weight and bounce back a lot quicker after birth. Plus this time around I have a little more knowlege and am trying a few new tricks to get me through it. However, whoever said, "I don't need sugar, I'm sweet enough" must have been on crack.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no!! I was going to ask you at OU but didn't want to bring up a sore subject. I'm the same way about sweets and carbs, but I'm sure I'll have it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun but there are always worse things...I have been craving that pb&j and thankful that the fair only comes to town once a year!

    ReplyDelete