Dinner with Dr. Sim who has been rotating in ATL for the past two months! Boy do we miss her!
Picking up dinner at the hotel restaurant Friday night. Unfortunately no lobster was consumed.
Last weekend we headed to the ATL for Mark's MCLE conference. I love Atlanta (minus the airport) because it reminds me a lot of Houston (great food, great shopping, lots of different peeps, traffic, art, etc.) Since last year's trip was a bust with us getting stomach bugs I was excited to see what the town has to offer. Lessons Learned from our Trip:
1.) Put Will in our car for longer than 30 minutes and he thinks we are going to the airport and will ask about planes the entire trip.
2.) Will's favorite question, "But Why?" over and over again.
3.) Mark finally conceded to me and agreed that ribeyes are better than fillets, a battle I've been fighting since we started dating.
4.) Will is like his mommy in his love for hotels, yes we like to jump on heavenly beds and swim at the pool. We also discovered Will's love of roasted honey peanuts like Popo.
5.) Shopping with a two year old boy is impossible (or at least it was for me). Beautiful Lennox mall was in walking distance so we ventured out. In our three and half hour span at the mall we rode the escalators a lot, played with manikins, through pennies in the fountain, had a smoothie, and window shopped. Only problem was Will did not like Mama spending more than 2 minutes in a store and trying something on was unfathomable. However, I still enjoyed window shopping and it was great to see all my ole friends (I heart you Neimans, Tootsies, Bloomies, PB, JCrew, Anthro)
6.) Anthro: I use to love your whimsical displays, but I have learned your store is a child's favorite place. Thank you for putting a bike and wooden horse sculpture right when you enter that my son wants to crawl on. Also, thanks for having several bowls full of sand that little boys like to grab at. Yes, you are cool and I love it, but you are a shopping hazard for a toddler and I am lucky my son did not get me band from your store with his inquisitive curiosity.
7.) I told Mark we should have gone into ENT after seeing our Triangle Honeymoon friends head to Napa for their MCLE.
8.) Will has learned to charm our friends and knows when to push our buttons. More on this later, but all in all a great quick 24 hour trip to Hotlanta.

No comments:
Post a Comment