Saturday Market on the River (Augusta, GA)
Midtown Market (Houston, TX~ next to the Breakfast Klub & Tafia)
I have a strong love for Farm to Markets. It all started as a little girl waking up early to go with my Dad to see what was growing in and around Brenham. We would come home with squash, zucchini, fresh dill, onions, radishes, sometimes fresh eggs and my favorite pickles! When I went with my mom we were usually on the hunt for jams, good desserts, picante sauce and plants. Even during and after college if I was home I'd wake up to go to the market. The Austin market was just starting up when I left Austin, so I never got to visit it, but I'm sure I'll make my way there in the near future. During med school the Houston farm to market was right by Mark and my's favorite breakfast taco place, Tacos A Go-Go, so we were frequent visitors. Who can pass up a breakfast taco and shopping for food (2 of my loves!)I loved the Houston market because of the eclectic goods: they had naan bread, tapenades, homemade humus, chocolates, fresh cheeses and great flowers. So of course, I had to check out the Saturday market here in Augusta. I was not disappointed, fresh butter beans, collards and strawberries. The big find was homemade blue cheese bread which I devoured in two days and a unique bulb of mushrooms that are great cooked with beef. What can I say I love food--especially when its fresh and grown with love!

No comments:
Post a Comment