Monday, October 19, 2009
You've Got the Sugar
Was Mark’s response after I found out I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. After research, I’ve found out that it’s fairly common and can be treated with a strict diet and exercise. Mainly no carbs, tons of protein, 6 meals a day, portion control and glucose monitoring four times a day with my handy new diabetes tester. Carbs are my favorite, and I will miss my pancakes, cupcakes, baked potatoes, pineapple, bread, and pasta dearly. However, Baby T will be here soon and he or she is definitely worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amy,
ReplyDeleteI had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant as well. I was able to control it with just diet. The diet helps you not gain so much weight while you are pregnant which makes it easy to loose the weight after the baby arrives. The six meals a day were not so bad for me. Just remember to splurge the week before your due date. Hopefully you are not having too many sweet cravings. Good luck! It will be fine. Just remember to eat small meals throughout the day. -Julie