Monday, October 5, 2009

Running Joke

My office is located on the 7th & 8th floor of a bank building. Today as I was riding the elevator I overheard ladies discussing how upset their husbands were that their friends were having weddings in April. I continued to listen to the women vent: Both had weddings scheduled the first weekend of April which was unacceptable because they or their husband went to UNC, Duke or Kentucky and that was Final Four time. Then one of their coworkers had scheduled their wedding the weekend before the Masters and you apparently just don't do that in Augusta.
I was cracking up because I never thought of scheduling weddings around the Final Four or Masters. In Texas we schedule events around football...in fact the running joke in the Ehlert fam is that Mark and I were not looking at the calendar when we were in Spain. Even though we are due on December 30th my fam is convinced Baby T will arrive on January 7th (the day Texas will play in the National Championship.) Here's to hoping the baby comes before the 7th so no one has to look for red eye flights after the game:)

No comments:

Post a Comment