Monday, February 21, 2011

Atlanta 1, Trevinos 0

We got into Atlanta on Friday night late for Mark's first medical conference. We were so excited to see Atlanta we decided ahead of time to extend the conference and stay Saturday night so I could do some much needed shopping and to have a little date night out on the town. On our way in we stopped at Flip Burger (being the Richard Blais Top Chef fans that we are) and got awesome burgers and a milkshake.

The Ritz (thank you MCG for our first Ritz experience, it did not disappoint.)
Envisioned: A weekend getaway with shopping, great eating, an adult night out sans our bambino, swimming and beautiful hotel rooms.
Result: Will and I got to the mall on Saturday morning to find all those great President Weekend sales and all of the sudden the bug hit me. The result was no shopping, no date night with babysitter and a husband who later caught the bug from his lovely wife.

Not quite the trip we had in mind, but on the upside Will didn't know the difference and we now have a babysitter for future trips to Atlanta. Also, Mark got to show Will the Aquarium after his conference ended and before the bug hit him. Will loved seeing the fish and I spent all Sunday trying to convince Mark we needed a fish tank (it doesn't look like I'm going to win this one.)

2 comments:

  1. How do you find a babysitter in another city? We are hoping (fingers crossed) to travel with Grant some this coming fall and would love to know any tricks of the trade. Will is growing up so much, love the Longhorn pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like father like son...I see that Will cares as much about the lawn as Mark does :) I can't believe how big he looks! 6 weeks and we will be there!!

    ReplyDelete