So it appears that Will had an eye infection over the weekend that then turned into an ear infection as well. Started the eye drops on Monday, and then he had a fever at daycare Tues and sure enough had an ear infection as well. (Doc predicted it but it wasn't there on Monday) Got him on some Augmentin and no more fever. This is where the "can't go back to daycare until 24hrs after fever" thing comes into play. Amy had some important meetings and I had call so I was willing to take the day off (said with a wink). I feel kind of bad, the rest of my team is on call and I am playing with a happy baby during what is essentially another day off. I don't feel too bad though since I got called in for back-up call last month.
Anyway, it is that time of year again where some people who I have become close to through medicine have to move on to pursue some part of their career. We served time on red medicine together during pneumonia season, bitched and moaned when they suspended our team caps or gave us patients on our post call days, and had liver rounds at least twice a month. We formed a close bond that you can only get from going through something difficult together and coming out the other end smelling like roses. I'll miss those guys, but I'm thankful to have good friends for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment