Sunday, April 4, 2010
Finally
When I moved here, all the locals could talk about was how hot and humid it was during the summer. I told them I just moved here from Houston, where if it were not for man made drainage, it would be a swamp...in an oven. Texas 1, Georgia 0. Then they told me how big and nasty the mosquitos were here. I said you have obviously never been to Galveston where the mosqiutos are the size of seagulls and twice as hungry. Texas 2, Georgia 0. When they told me about the pine pollen I thought there was no way it could be worse than the yellow dusting by the oak in Texas. Texa.....wait a minute. Finally, they are right about something. As I was casually driving down my street three days ago I noted that there must be someone burning brush nearby as all the smoke was hanging low in the trees. Well, when I got home and saw the fine coat of lime green pollen on everything, I understood that was not smoke. You can actually see the pollen falling like rain and if the wind blows, huge clouds form in the trees. Here are some photos. Please note that I blew everything off about 8 hours prior to taking these pictures and the first one is actually under the carport.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment