Saturday, January 16, 2010

Going Bananas with Larry B. Scott

What do you do when you have 4 bananas that need to be eaten, rum, banana liquer, butter, brown sugar, vanilla ice cream, and a hankering for waffles? Bananas Foster Waffles of course! We had date night last night and the braised short ribs and mashed potatoes were a little more filling than we planned so the dessert was put on hold.....for breakfast. Let me just say that we need to open a breakfast place that features this dish because they were the best waffles ever. And yes, we made sure to cook off the alcohol so Will didn't get his swerve on.

The finished product with Blue Bell Vanilla peeking out


Still haven't put up the holly plates yet (been a little busy)

On another note, you know the actor Larry Scott, who plays the gay guy in Revenge of the Nerds? Do you realize he is also in the Karate Kid (cobra kai), Iron Eagle (member of the eagles), and Space Camp (Rudy)? He was in some of the most pivitol movies of my young life. Revenge of the Nerds (in combination with Police Academy) was the first time I saw the female form in its glory after my parents told me not to watch it. I took Karate at age 6 and eventually became a black belt because of the Karate Kid. I also went to space camp on the tiny chance that I would sit in the space shuttle and accidently get launched due to a robot built by a young Joaquin Phoenix. And finally, Iron Eagle was just plain bad ass. If he had been in Rad, then I think I would owe who I am now to him as much as my parents. As it is, I owe Larry quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment